Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After Christmas


'Twas the day after Christmas and all I can hear
is the nerve-wracking sound of a snow blower near.

Bright sun on the crest of the still falling snow, gives eye-blinding white both here and fro.

No plow our driveway will come near today, for the neighbor's truck is in the way.

Hubby is sleeping, all snug in our bed, visions of barbecued ribs in his head.

And I in my jammies at quarter of twelve believe that our dinner will be cooked by elves.

I curl on the couch, my blessings to count. With each I remember, the numbers do mount.

So what if snow's falling? My sons, they are calling.

And Hubby is there for me to take care.

I have my friends and my church to come home to; I have no need to be lonely or feel blue.

My life, oh! how rich! My blessings so many! What wishes I have? No, not any.

Except perhaps one...a poet I'm not...but I wish you a good year, with troubles naught.

With love to my family and friends...

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment