Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year


For weeks now I have found myself saying, "I'm glad 2013 is almost over!"  Let's face it. There was a lot of crap to deal with this past year.

I am reminded of my heart surgery every time I get dressed. I am reminded of pain when I walk. My dog is old and lame. I tried out several different jobs and didn't like any of them. I still have remnants of medical bills to pay. My house looks like a pharmacy. I had to get a new car because mine, quite literally, fell apart on the highway.

But as I was griping, I began to see things in a different way.

Thanks to my friends, who warned me that it might be my heart, and to my husband who insisted I go to the hospital NOW...I am alive. Thanks to a wonderful surgeon and his staff, I am alive. Thanks to God for not wanting me just yet, I am alive.

Thanks to a generous hospital, most of my debt was forgiven. The rest is manageable in pieces.

The handful of pills I take each day and the insulin I take each night were miracles created by the pharmaceutical companies whose ads I can't stand.

Because I was out of work for so long, Hubby and I spent more time together and grew closer. I don't know if anyone else would ever take care of me like he has.

I've made more friends than I ever expected at church. I've been council president this past year, have served on committees and conducted the Thanksgiving dinner prayer time. I am blessed.

Yes, my car was belching out parts all over route 20, but I didn't get hurt when the drive shaft fell off. I stayed dry and comfortable and ended up with a beautiful new car (it has TOYS!).

I've been able to work out at the Y again. My confidence is returning.

I'm able to work at a job I like, virtually stress free.

Yes, I lost my glasses (first pair in fifty years), but the new readers I just got have given me the clearest vision to read that I've had in two years.

When we have faith, when we believe, when we accept what we are given--well, then we can take those lemons, as the saying goes, and make lemonade.

May God bless each and every one of you. May our friendship continue to grow in 2014. May your fondest dreams come true. May I become as important in your life as you have become in mine.

A most blessed New Year to you, my friends!




1 comment:

  1. Praise the lord, for you friend. You have been given the wisdom to appreciate yr blessings! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete