Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I began with the thirty days of thankfulness on Facebook. As the days progressed I realized that I would need more than thirty days to list all the things for which I am grateful.

It has been a trying year to say the least. Losing a job, quitting two more, looking for something low-stress and pleasurable...a hard thing to do. But when it was all said and done, I have a stress-free job that allows me to work a few days a month. I am writing and enjoying it, even if I don't publish.

The heart surgery set me back a bit, not a surprise I'd like again. Followed closely by other procedures and diagnoses, this has not been a banner year health-wise. However, I am  alive.  I've learned things about myself, my health, my family and friends. I've never felt more love than I have in these past months.

I've grown spiritually this year. I am connected more with my church, not by simply serving as council president, but as an ambassador from God to witness my faith.

I've made new friends from all over the world.They keep life a learning experience. They give me hope and joy and fun.

My old friends have been wonderfully understanding. They keep my spirit alive. I don't mean to be so needy, but they hold me up and make me laugh.

I have become even closer with my family, as if that were possible!

For all these big things, and for all the little things, I am truly grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment